Friday, May 18, 2012

2 of 50

I AM A TERRIBLE BLOGGER!

I got all the way done with my cupcakes and realized I hod only taken one picture!!!!

Even though it's the cutest way to separate egg yokes, what is that supposed to show you!?

Well anyway todays cupcake is number 19 off of the list Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes.

I'm not going to lie to you folks, these were not my favorite for two reason:

1. Once the cake was baked it was just a bit too moist. 

2. I'm not sure if it was something I had done, and not to toot my own horn but I rarely mess up, but once again the icing wasn't the consistency that I wanted.

BOO!

I think I'll have to take a day perfect some icing recipes, although wonderful J-Rita found out if you add a little bit of vegetable shortening it helps thicken it up...which it did. I'll go over it in detail in a bit.

So here is what you need:


1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 egg yolks, at room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp Instant Pink Lemonade Mix 
8 large strawberries



The reciepe I took this from was only for 9-10. Who make ONLY 9-10 cupcakes? So I doubled everything.


PREHEAT!!!!!! 350 degrees...I feel like it's always 350, thats weird.



  1. Cream butter, sugar and lemonade mix until fluffy. 
  2. Add vanilla, soda, salt and eggs yolks. Mix in buttermilk and gradually add flour.
  3. With a very sharp knife slice the berries and then dice into 1/4″ pieces careful to not crush the berries. If the berries are crushed and then added to the cupcakes, there will be too much moisture and your cupcakes will not bake properly. (maybe this is where I went wrong :( )
  4. Fill each baking cup with about 3/4s batter. Then sprinkle in each cup 5-6 pieces of fresh strawberry. Then add more batter per cup filling each to about 2/3 full.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a test straw can be cleanly removed.
REMEMBER: alternate racks half way into the baking!

Now for that damn frosting!


 16 (2 blocks) ounces cream cheese
2 stick butter, firm but not cold
1 teaspoon salt
2 pound powdered sugar, sifted (yeah I know its a lot)
1 teaspoon vanilla
maybe:
4 tablespoons vegetable shortening 
Combine butter, salt, and cream cheese in mixer and beat on medium speed 2-3 minutes. Add sugar until just incorporated. Don’t over mix. It should be thick but not fluffy. Add vanilla. If the icing isn't think enough then add one tbsp of shorting at a time until you get the thickness you desire. 
interactive photo! You can put anything behind my cupcake!

That perfect pink flavor is 45 drops of red and 8 drops of yellow.

These are very VERY sweet cupcakes so watch out. you can always cut back on the powered lemonade that will make it less sweet.

Hope you likes them and you have better luck on the icing 

:-)

Keep Mixing,
J-Bolt

No comments:

Post a Comment